Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am discussing a possible trade for my 1967 GTA Fastback S-code for a 1970 Boss 302. Here are more details of the Boss:
The car does not have original engine but it has correct Boss heads mounted on a regulat 302 block. The owner is including a correct Boss block in the deal. The car is in primer with practically all body work done, needs interior and reassembly. The car needs 2 new doors and a carburetor.
What is a fair market value for a Boss in this condition? I just want a general ballpark figure in order to negotiate. My 1967 fastback is in need of a complete restoration too. Thanks for the advise since I am meeting with this owner at the end of this week.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
From what I've seen lately, I'd say between $15-20K. I've looked at a couple projects in similar condition over the last two months that were in that price range.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
IF it is a straight across trade, all things considered, the Boss 302 has MUCH more value potential than the 67 S-code restored to similar condition. Of course, it you were to "Eleanorize" the 67, then it will "out-value" the Boss (tongue in cheek) :p :p.....

seriously, if you can get the Boss in a straight across trade, do it - basic things like paint, suspension/brake work, interior, etc are the same costs between the two. Of course, PLEASE, do the car that YOU like most - no sense in putting time/effort/cash into something you don't really care for....

randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts