Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 70 Vert I got a week ago is original colors-dark ivy green metallic on outside and code BG, according to Marti report, medium ivy green interior. All upholstery looks original, but carpet is a "gold" color, faded and also looking original. I'd like to replace the carpet, but I don't know what color carpet came with the green interior. I know at least one supply place has a carpet color labeled "dark green", but not sure that is correct given the light shaded, almost mustard carpet in car. Anybody know the correct carpet color for a medium ivy green, BG, standard interior? Thanks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK..........I'll take educated guesses if nobody has factual/first hand info. I'd even appreciate someone telling me "where to go"...for the info(lol).

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I agree with Hemikiller about looking under the back seat. Of course you could also remove a scuff plate.

I can tell you for 1969 they are not making carpet in the correct dark green. take alook at the pics of my car Here
That is supposed to be dark green. I hear that its the same color that they are using on the repo 70 carpets.

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
I agree Chris, that carpet does look an awful lot like Astroturf....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DUUHHHHH!!!!Thanks guys....guess I shoulda thought of that myself. I also appreciate NOT being awarded the Dufus award for my incredible lack of imagination. Tip about current "dk.green" carpet also helpful.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
That's pretty much what I called when I opened the box and called NPD about the color. Dark green interior cars are tough to get parts for. The repo carpets, steering wheels and floormats are not the correct color for 69s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts