Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Has anyone else recently ordered an exhaust from Tony Branda performance for a 70 4-Speed Cobra Jet car. I ordered this same exhaust from a different vendor and I am still unable to fit it to my car. I am told that Branda offers the same exhaust and has sold many of them. Has anyone else tried to put one of these systems on ?? I am currently in contact with the manufacturer of the exhaust system and they are doing there best to make it fit , however it is taking several iterations. At this point I'm wondering if there is something wrong with MY car. If anyone has feed back on this exhaust system I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Marc Lemmermann

70 SCJ R-CODE MACH 1
88 GT

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Marc, I used the Branda exhaust on my 70 Boss. The exhaust is the same from the mufflers back. I had to re-weld the hanger brackets on the passenger side and made an entirely new tail pipe for the drivers side. In my opinion, the quality and fit exhaust is pretty poor, though I do concede that making an exhaust for an application as opposed to an actual car is difficult.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you purchase this exhaust within the last few weeks ??? As I understand I am one of the first to try this exhaust , perhaps you are talking of an older system ?? The exhaust I was given is also made for a Boss 302 and the passenger side fits PERFECT. I guess they had an NOS piece to duplicate and it seems they did a great job. It's the driver side that does not seem to fit correctly as they could not get an NOS piece for that side to duplicate. Do you know if the H-pipe on a CJ dumps out at the same place as a Boss 302 ??

Thanks
Marc Lemmermann

70 SCJ R-CODE MACH 1
88 GT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts