Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys question for you, I came upon a set of seats that I was originally going to put in my Nova (bought them off a guy who had them in a nova) until I figured out they were mustang seats.

According to a friend of mine they are Comfort Weave seats out of a 1970 boss? I had someone else contact me asking whether they had wires hanging from them because if so they would be from an older mustang that had a solenoid allowing the seat to pop up when the door opens I did not see any of the wiring he indicated to look for. It turns out they were looking for a set with that but now im curious and i'd rather these seats go in the right vehicle then shim them into my Nova, so question is what are these seats worth?

Condition overall is pretty damn good with only a couple of defects being 2 dime sized cuts on the driver side outside of the bolster, its weird these aren't wear tears or anything like that im not sure what created them but looking at them doesn't appear as if theres a reason to fear they will grow larger and could probably be repaired very easily.

As a side note if anyone is interested as I said i'd rather see them in a mustang so they are for sale.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Those are not comfort weave seats. They are standard 1970 high back seats. Boss 302 cars used standard seats. The remote release solenoid was an option. Most seats didn't have it. The seats you posted the picture of appear to have worn out foam in the seat bottom and bolster on the driver's side. If they are complete, they usually sell from $200-$300 a pair considering what shape they're in and how complete they are.

Comfort Weave seats

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Comfort weave seats had woven vinyl producing a breathing material almost like cloth. This type of material was used on many Ford and GM car and truck optional seats...not familiar with MOPAR of that vintage. You can tell comfort weave...it's woven vinyl!

By the way, thanks for asking and welcome to VMF>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts