Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started on this project 15 years ago with the intention of having it done in two years. Well I started out fast and furious with the complete dismantling and the further I got the more rust I found. As you can see from some of the pictures there was extensive rust. So at that time I had it bead blasted and primed and then it sat for about 14 years as kids needed to be fed and educated and then married off ! So I have been back at it on a regular basis for the last few months. I have now replaced both front frame rails plus extensions, both inner rocker panels, both front torque boxes, and both floor pans from front to back. When I was removing old parts like the inner rockers I left parts of the existing torque box in place to fit the new rocker to in order for me to ensure I would be more accurate in fitting everything together. Rear torque boxes were good so I cleaned them out and treated them before I put the new rockers in.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I started on this project 15 years ago with the intention of having it done in two years. Well I started out fast and furious with the complete dismantling and the further I got the more rust I found. As you can see from some of the pictures there was extensive rust. So at that time I had it bead blasted and primed and then it sat for about 14 years as kids needed to be fed and educated and then married off ! So I have been back at it on a regular basis for the last few months. I have now replaced both front frame rails plus extensions, both inner rocker panels, both front torque boxes, and both floor pans from front to back. When I was removing old parts like the inner rockers I left parts of the existing torque box in place to fit the new rocker to in order for me to ensure I would be more accurate in fitting everything together. Rear torque boxes were good so I cleaned them out and treated them before I put the new rockers in.
Nice, kids are raised, time to raise the car. Good job

1 - 4 of 4 Posts