Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can obtain the hardware needed to attach the 1970 Mach 1 lower grille molding? Its the section of molding that covers the stone guard. Its chromed aluminum with charcoal paint sectioned on it. I need the special screws that insert under the molding. Most resto supply mags list the "plastic" grille rivets,but not the grille molding screws. Any help would be terrific. Thanks

Mike
1970 Medium Lime Metallic Mach1 351 W FMX

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
That's an easy one. AMK sells them. You can call them and order. If you send me an email/private message, I will look them up and give you the part number, price, and telephone number for AMk. I have a package I purchased from them to install the same piece on my stang. The first time I installed the piece, I went to the local autozone type store and purchased a 99 cent pack of two modern trim retainer/screws. What they are are threaded posts with a absolutely flat skinny head which has a spring tension clip on the head. They slide right into the groove on the molding. The clip holds them in place. Then, just put a washer and nut on the underside and you are in business. The ones I purchased were green. Might have even been a GM part. good luck.

sure it's fun, but it's only a car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts