Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Mach 1 & 1969 Grande
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a topic on this from 2014 but the question was never answered.

The valve covers on my engine are the same left and right. They both have an opening for a twist in cap (left cover opening at front, right cover opening at back).
In the pictures I can find, they only show a rubber grommet on the right side cover in the back where the PCV valve would go.

Are my covers correct of did someone in the past put a left hand cover on the right hand side?

Any input appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gregb
Thanks for the response. So they changed to a pressed in grommet in 1971?
I have bought two sets of valve covers (my are pretty dinged up) that were listed as 1970 - 1974 and both sets have a small round hole in the right cover with a push in grommet.
So i guess I could use the two left hand covers to create a correct set for my 1970?

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
So i guess I could use the two left hand covers to create a correct set for my 1970?
Yes, you can do that. I put 1970 Boss 302 valve covers on my Cleveland and they are the same way with the larger holes in both covers.

FYI, I ordered the PCV grommet from NPD twice and twice I got the smaller grommet. I finally had to call and ask someone to go to the parts pin and pull out the correct, larger grommet. Apparently, the part numbers were the same for both grommets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Klutch,
gregb put a link for the grommet at Dennis Carpenter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts