Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1970 Mach 1 351W Toploader Headers

835 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  clark70mach1 
#1 ·
Hello all,
It has been a while since I last post. I really need some help with my search for header options. I have a 70' Mach 351W, Fitech EFI, Edelbrock RPM heads, stock manifolds with 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust paired up with a top loader 4speed and manual steering. I'm looking for the best options to fit what I have and maybe future proof for upgrades down the road. I have read all the posts I could find and see that I have a couple of options for ease of installation and clearances to surrounding areas. I'm trying to achieve a better look than my rusty manifolds and possibly gain a little bit of power and finish off look under the hood and cruise.

1. JBA 1653SJS. 800 but the install instructions call out a new Z bar would I need this?
2. FPA 895 Bare and 275 for coating and shipping 1200 ish No mods needed to fit?
3. Sanderson FF6 Coated 550. No mods needed to fit?

Thank you for your help!!!
Nate.

See less See more
#2 ·
I am running the JBA 1653 headers in my 69' with a 351W in it. Excellent fit and quality. No problems with the factory Z Bar. Only problem I had was that I am using the JBA H pipe also. Fit very well but I had to make a power steering drop bracket to lower the slave cylinder about half an inch. JBA says it should fit, but not in my case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.