Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m looking to get expert restoration insight on repro quarter panels for a 1970 Mach 1. I’ve heard stories about how the fitment is horrible and you have to do a lot of modifying to get them to work. Is there a specific brand that is better quality metal and has less fitment issues. Money isn’t an issue, looking to spend more for better quality. Also are there any brands that are USA made steel?
I’m sure finding two Full OEM quarter panels are a long shot but if there’s a chance they are out there where or who would you contact to find them?
I appreciate the help!

·
Premium Member
6,799 Posts
If repro's are your only option:

Part #'s 27840-10B Passenger side and 27841-10B Driver side.

From NPD. (They know what the best is and say so.) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
^^^ This!

You can't go by brand because brands, such as Dynacorn, are resellers. And those resellers buy their parts from different manufacturers which is always changing.

NPD keeps up with that stuff. They will know the best available and they will have it in stock.

Are you sure you require complete quarter panels? You can get some nice, rear quarter patch panels in case that's all you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If repro's are your only option:

Part #'s 27840-10B Passenger side and 27841-10B Driver side.

From NPD. (They know what the best is and say so.) :thumbsup:
^^^ This!

You can't go by brand because brands, such as Dynacorn, are resellers. And those resellers buy their parts from different manufacturers which is always changing.

NPD keeps up with that stuff. They will know the best available and they will have it in stock.

Are you sure you require complete quarter panels? You can get some nice, rear quarter patch panels in case that's all you need.
Appreciate the help fellas ill be sure to reach out to NPD

Im personally not a fan of patch panels and my dad has always wanted to put full quarters on it, so thats what Im going with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts