357 Posts
Nice work! Couple questions:

1. Where did you get the frame?
2. What motor is that?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice, what's your rear rim and tire setup? Who makes the rims?

@DIHLON I believe it's a coyote, what gen I couldn't tell you.
I did a Detroit Speed mini-tub kit in the back
with Billet Specialties Prism wheels. Deep center.

Front
18x8
255/35R18

Rear
18x10
295/30R18

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I like it! I am also doing a Gen 2 Coyote into a 70 Mach 1. However, no full frame, AT, with Hydroboost.
As I remember when researching components, the Schwartz full frame was an expensive solution. My Total Control Products solution was not cheap either. Now the Roadster Shop has their entry that is a bit less costly.
I am also running 18x10s in the back but without mini-tubs.
Keep up the good work as it looks like you are getting close to applying color.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
1. From Schwartz Performance
2. Gen 2 coyote. From a wrecked 2014 mustang gt. picked that up from Midway Mustang - Your #1 Store For NEW Mustang Parts and Accessories
If the engine is a take out from a 2014 Mustang, then the engine is a late 1st Gen Coyote. The Coyote Gen 1 was 2011 to 2014, 2nd Gen 2015 to 2017, Gen 3 is 2018 to present.
The 2nd Gen picked up a lot of the improvements put into the Boss 302 version. The 3rd Gen added Direct Injection and a few small tweaks.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Thanks for posting up your ambitious project. Looks like a ton of work. Also props to you for having it almost 40 years and still being open minded to completely reengineer it to your tastes. I’d like to see some shots or hear about how the body attaches to the frame. Those ladder frames don’t have much torsional rigidity on their own, but of course they can leverage the vertical elements of the body for that. With the coil overs and 4 link, and modern drivetrain, it’s going to be a helluva enjoyable cruiser.!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If the engine is a take out from a 2014 Mustang, then the engine is a late 1st Gen Coyote. The Coyote Gen 1 was 2011 to 2014, 2nd Gen 2015 to 2017, Gen 3 is 2018 to present.
The 2nd Gen picked up a lot of the improvements put into the Boss 302 version. The 3rd Gen added Direct Injection and a few small tweaks.
yeah That is completely correct.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for posting up your ambitious project. Looks like a ton of work. Also props to you for having it almost 40 years and still being open minded to completely reengineer it to your tastes. I’d like to see some shots or hear about how the body attaches to the frame. Those ladder frames don’t have much torsional rigidity on their own, but of course they can leverage the vertical elements of the body for that. With the coil overs and 4 link, and modern drivetrain, it’s going to be a helluva enjoyable cruiser.!
There are 5 main points of connection per side.
I got the last 2 pictures from Schwartz website. I

Here is an example of the 2 from the kick panel and floorboard. This is before I welded anything in.
There is a mounting plate welded directly to underside of panels too. The kick panel one I have bolted into the torque box.

Front mounting point here.

One point at back in front leaf spring mounting spot.

Then back of chassis through rear frame rail

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts