Vintage Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Just curious, so the radiator support slid over the front cross member of the Schwartz chassis?
I ask because I went the Total Control Products route with their full length front subframe. The connection of the radiator support is done very differently with the TCP front subframe. I then added SpinTech subframe connectors to tie the front, rear and floor all together. A lot of work as I had to section and reshape parts of their SFCs to fit the contour of the floor. So when all done, I have the upgraded front subframe with subframe connectors welded along the length of the floor. I will find out how stiff this configuration is down the road once my car is running.

Keep showing pictures. I like seeing what others have done for their Coyote swaps. We have a couple of Heights and MTF solutions here and a number of one of a kind builds like you and me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just curious, so the radiator support slid over the front cross member of the Schwartz chassis?
I ask because I went the Total Control Products route with their full length front subframe. The connection of the radiator support is done very differently with the TCP front subframe. I then added SpinTech subframe connectors to tie the front, rear and floor all together. A lot of work as I had to section and reshape parts of their SFCs to fit the contour of the floor. So when all done, I have the upgraded front subframe with subframe connectors welded along the length of the floor. I will find out how stiff this configuration is down the road once my car is running.

Keep showing pictures. I like seeing what others have done for their Coyote swaps. We have a couple of Heights and MTF solutions here and a number of one of a kind builds like you and me.
Grabbed this picture from their web site. Gives a better view of the minimum requirements for front end changes.
Shock tower removal. Then the front end of frame rail bolts into front of the chassis.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Interesting and different on how they did the front of the frame.
a couple ideas I had outstanding.
1. functional shaker hood for coyote swap. I know CDC makes a shaker hood for late model cars but they are tying into the regular filter box from the car. Never really found a good way to get around that
2011-14 Mustang Shaker System 5.0L | Classic Design Concepts

2. I've never liked those plastic blanks next to the headlights. That would be a neat place for some running lights or additional turnsignals.
these things. GRILLE, FENDER EXTENSION, RH - #16G566-1A - National Parts Depot (npdlink.com)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
That shaker system looks good, but at $800 pricey bling.
I am sure the engine placement for every manufacturers coyote swap subframe will be a bit different, so the fit of the shaker would likely have to be adjusted as necessary.

Lights mounted in the front fender extensions would have to fit between the horizontal openings. LEDs are so small now, should not be and issue. It would be neat to have small LEDs integrated as running lights like many new cars.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That shaker system looks good, but at $800 pricey bling.
I am sure the engine placement for every manufacturers coyote swap subframe will be a bit different, so the fit of the shaker would likely have to be adjusted as necessary.

Lights mounted in the front fender extensions would have to fit between the horizontal openings. LEDs are so small now, should not be and issue. It would be neat to have small LEDs integrated as running lights like many new cars.
Yeah, the $800 is a little steep for something that you would have a bunch of modifications to make work.

For the front fender extensions I wonder if you could get something like this to work?
Amazon.com: 2pc 6" White Oval LED Reverse Trailer Tail Light Kit [DOT FMVSS 108] [SAE (2) R] [Grommet & Plug Included] [IP67 Waterproof] [Back Up Signal] Trailer Lights for Boat Trailer RV Trucks: Automotive
Not the exact size, but it is sealed. If you could build a bracket on the back side to hold it and fill any space still uncovered it might work.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Very nice, I am partial to dark reds myself. What is the color and line of paint used?
I have been looking at the House Of Kolor dark reds. They have a 2 stage paint that has some of the characteristics of a 3-stage candy.
Can't wait to see it cut, buffed, and final assembled.
I am jealous that you are at this stage already!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Very nice, I am partial to dark reds myself. What is the color and line of paint used?
I have been looking at the House Of Kolor dark reds. They have a 2 stage paint that has some of the characteristics of a 3-stage candy.
Can't wait to see it cut, buffed, and final assembled.
I am jealous that you are at this stage already!
I went with UreChem sparkling merlot pearl.
I just had never painted an entire car so I wanted something that I wouldn't feel too bad if I had to end up scuffing up and painting over later if I messed it up too bad.
Should be good practice doing the cut and buff too,.
House of Kolor has some really nice stuff.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
did cut/buff

currently doing reassembly. Been pretty busy with other stuff lately though

Things I messed up on:
I didn't keep dust out enough when I was painting. Ended up with a bunch of fish eyes mainly on the hood. I dabbed clear coat in them and will try to even it out later.
Had some areas of body filler that could have been cleaned up better.
Dropped fender extension on the ground buffing it. knocked off some paint. I put some nail polish on there for now to cover it up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
installed emergency brake. I had to put it up a bit to make sure I had room above the driveshaft.

Textile Grey Black-and-white Cloud Font

I had to smash in the mini tubs a bit to get the rear seat back in place.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting

Got the on piece headliner installed.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

Installed the carpet, boots for shifter and e-brake.

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
put on bullet style side mirrors.
rear interior, front seats.

I have a bunch of wiring to do for dash, a/c, gauges.
turn signals aren't working
need to remember to put in a breather tube for the rear end, keep forgetting about that.
Need to get a windshield, I have the rest of the glass.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

21 - 40 of 42 Posts