Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought Id pick up a set of std 70 Mach 1 wheelcovers for my Mach and store the trim rings and centers. Found a guy that has some and he says he has shallow dish and deep dish, "what ones do you want?" I wasnt aware ther were 2 (dish) types. Can someone tell me if this is so and if it is how do I tell what ones I need.

Thanks
JBauer4363

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well, not being a 70 guy, I probably should not weigh on this question, but....... There is the standard Mach One cover with the simulated lug nuts. There is also the styled steel wheel small hub cap (like the 69 rally wheel). And, although I may be horribly wrong, I think you could get the standard "dog dish" and trim ring cover, but that might have been a Boss 302 option, not a Mach. Beyond that, the was the standard Mustang wheel cover which was not normally installed on Machs. Without seeing what the guy is talking about, I would guess standard Mach cover and the "shallow" styled steel cover.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
The sport wheel cover for 1970 was the deep dish simulated mag with the fake lug nuts. This would be the standard mach1 wheel cover and is in 14". The only wheel that will fit this hubcap is the zero offset 14X7 mustang wheel, not all that hard to come by. I have a set of 15" wheel covers of that style that were optional for the boss 302 cars and are hard to find. I'm not sure what the other shallow ones came on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are talking about the steel wheel (argent in color)with the 5 slots, a plain center cap and trim ring, then the shallow dish wheel were used on the Torino, and the deep dish was used on the Mustang. The Wheel was a no charge option for the Mustang. They were on all of the 96 Twister Specials originally. The wheels are 14 inch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts