Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1970 Mach 1 Fastback 351W, FMX Auto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 Mach with the 351W. It has stock heads and FMX automatic. What headers are available that will fit this application? I have looked at numerous sites and haven't been able to find anything that is a definite fit. I was wanting mid length or even shorty, but not block huggers. I will go with long tubes if I have too. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks

· Registered
13,376 Posts
I have the Sanderson shorty headers on my '70 Mach 1. I have a Cleveland, which is harder to fit than a Windsor, and they fit very nicely; even with power steering and a factory Z-bar. Making them work on your car should be easy peasy.

4,754 Posts
I used JBA shorties and the JBA H pipe. 1653 series. I went with the expensive Stainless Steel, Titanium Ceramic Coated ones. No problems whatsoever except a minor problem accessing the #8 plug with a deep plug socket. I did have to dent the H pipe to get clearance around the FMX trans pan. Also, so as not to melt the power steering boot, I did add the small (shorter style) PS drop bracket. Dont get the long one unless you want to weld it to the frame rail as the added leverage will rip the 3 mounting bolts out of the frame

Scott Drake DBPP-10961-A - Scott Drake Power Steering Drop Bracket - $23.37 from Summit

· Registered
1969 Mach 1 Restomod
676 Posts
I have an set of headers you can have, that I took off my 69 with the 351W and FMX. They have been in my shed since disassembly. They have normal rust, but probably not worth the effort to ship them unless you want to, but if you are or know anyone in the Memphis area, you can have them. They are not worth anything to me. They will end up at the dump eventually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.