Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Steve. I have had four 1970 Mustangs Mach 1's (all with 351 Cleveland engines) and a 1970 Boss 302. My current project is a 1970 Mustang convertible restomod. Because I wanted to try something different. Somebody should have warned me about cowl shake on convertibles. Was thinking of making a 69 Shelby clone but now leaning more towards a sort of California Special like vibe. Shelby rear and Mach 1 front with Shaker since I have one. Although I have a NOS 1969 Shelby hood. It started as a 302 automatic trans manual drum brake car. I have changed it to a top loader 4 speed (may be replaced by 5 or 6 speed) and 4 wheel power disk brakes using a Lincoln Versailles rearend. I currently have standard Mustang disks brakes but I have the Boss 302 Trans Am set up to go in after changing to 17 or 18 inch wheels. I also have a 351 Cleveland Boss motor to put in it. The Cleveland has a Crane flat tappet Boss 351 clone cam and I'm thinking of changing it to a roller hydraulic cam. Thinking of Holley EFI and distributor too. The car is currently lowered about 2 inches all the way around on 69 Shelby 15X7 wheels 255/50X15 BFG tires. Changed the front coils and rear leaf springs. But as with all good projects, that will change to Total Control G-Bar 4 link in the back and Street or Track coil overs for the front. Now if I can just get the money tree to grow in the back yard this will start to move forward after taking a 17 year nap while my son was growing up. Any recommendations on eliminating cowl shake would be appreciated. Thinking sub frame connectors, possible partial roll cage. But if there are better ideas out there, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Welcome to the VMF. Sounds like a nice project you are planning to embark on. I'd recommend you consider SorT (Shaun's) 3-link rear setup as it's designed to compliment his front coilover front that you plan on using.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,218 Posts
Welcome to VMF. Nice project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts