Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1970 Mustang fastback project car for sale. Was originally a 351C-4v with a 4 speed. Car is currently in a state of disassembly, an aborted restoration project. BTW, rear spoiler is NOT included.

The Marti report:

http://pages.cthome.net/hemikiller/0T02M120645.jpg

Undercarriage condition:

This is a very low (for the Northeast) rust car. Front frame rails, torque boxes and floors are in excellent condition. Rear floor has some extra holes from racing buckets, but will NOT require replacement. Front floors require a partial toe board replacement, thats it! Engine compartment has had 3 new aprons, new radiator support and front crossmember professionally installed. Trunk floors and rear rails are real nice.

Body condition:

Car is currently in primer, some epoxy some rattle can. Needs passenger quarter (supplied) and wheel house (not supplied) installed. Drivers quarter looks to only need some minor work on lower rear. Fenders are 99% rust free. Hood and trunk lid are solid, has repop CJ scoop. Doors have two repop skins that need to be installed, frames are really nice, no rot on inside corners. Roof is nice, not dents apparent. All glass is in good condition, no cracks. Door glass is bolt in. 95% trim is intact, but not installed. New repop front valance included. Missing 1 quarter end cap.

Interior: missing buckets and door panels. Will need new dash pad, carpet, door panels, etc. all the fastback specific moldings and panels are in place. Clutch pedal and power brake pedal are in place.

A parts coupe would seupply nearly everything needed to complete this car.

Drivetrain:

Original engine and trans are long gone. I will include a 351C short block, and a set of rebuilt 2V heads,if the buyer wants. Car presently has a C-6 and an 8" rear installed, gear unknown. Disc brakes and factory manual steering are intact and complete. Suspension condition unknown, but I would rebuild the whole deal.

The picture...

http://pages.cthome.net/hemikiller/0T02M120645_A.jpg

The car looks worse in the picture than it really is. I will take more pictures this week for interested parties. Price is $2600 or best reasonable offer (no trades please) and the car is located in Killingworth, CT 06419.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As of 1/25, the car is on deposit. If the deal falls through, I'll post here....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts