Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1968 fastback
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was curious if anyone can tell me if these are for a 70? I was told they came on a grande and I’m looking to sell them since the wife doesn’t want them on her car and maybe what they are worth. Thanks for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi I was curious if anyone can tell me if these are for a 70? I was told they came on a grande and I’m looking to sell them since the wife doesn’t want them on her car and maybe what they are worth. Thanks for any help
I believe they are specific to 1970 Grande only; no other Mustang got those from the factory.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Can't say how much they are worth though because Grande had low production numbers and you hardly see one (or see people restoring them). By the way I have a 1969 Grande and a 1970 Grande.

·
Registered
11,050 Posts
Can't say how much they are worth though because Grande had low production numbers and you hardly see one (or see people restoring them). By the way I have a 1969 Grande and a 1970 Grande.
I'd like to see your cars. Every 69/70 Grande' I've ever seen was completely clapped out. I don't even know what a Grande' in good condition looks like.

·
Registered
1968 fastback
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the response I know they were only for 1970 but I was hoping that it would have been the trim option on coupes and convertibles also, also would like to see your cars

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thank you for the response I know they were only for 1970 but I was hoping that it would have been the trim option on coupes and convertibles also, also would like to see your cars

This is the 69 before restoration. The hub caps are not Grande hub caps. The Grande stripe is worn out. It does not have the vinyl top option.

This is after restoration, still not the correct hub caps and stripe eliminated. Grande's had deluxe interior with Grande specific seat upholstery which is vinyl and cloth. Only black upholstery for 69 is reproduced and my 69 has gold interior so I had to make my own upholstery. Could not find the correct cloth in correct color so I used hounds tooth which was used on 70 and up Grande interiors.

Below is the 70 which has Landeu (half vinyl) top option. It was also gold in color with ginger interior but I changed it to competition yellow with black interior when I restored it in 1995. Grande specific rocker panel moldings are missing on this picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
1968 fastback
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice they both look great, if I had to chose I’d go with the 70 i really like the yellow

·
Registered
329 Posts
Very nice they both look great, if I had to chose I’d go with the 70 i really like the yellow
Yes, the yellow and half vinyl top catches the eye and turns a lot of heads. I am currently restoring a 70 vert which was originally competition yellow with black top and interior but was painted over as maroon; will be going back to competition yellow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry I cannot help identify the rocker moldings, but my 70 Sports Roof showed having rocker panel moldings on the Marti report, along with front bumper guards. The moldings were missing on my car, but had some of the plastic clips.
Interesting to see these have some kind of fake leather vinyl coverings on them.
I don't plan on putting the moldings on my car.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sorry I cannot help identify the rocker moldings, but my 70 Sports Roof showed having rocker panel moldings on the Marti report, along with front bumper guards. The moldings were missing on my car, but had some of the plastic clips.
Interesting to see these have some kind of fake leather vinyl coverings on them.
I don't plan on putting the moldings on my car.
As Grande was luxury model, they must have decided to put leather looking vinyl glued on rocker molding to make it look luxury.

·
Registered
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1,302 Posts
I think they are valuable but can't put a price on it. To get a feel for it you could look for 70 mach 1 trim resale prices. I had my bright trim prices restored back to mirror finish a few years ago, I had a dent on my hood trim and it cost $125 to fix it.

·
Registered
1968 fastback
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think they are valuable but can't put a price on it. To get a feel for it you could look for 70 mach 1 trim resale prices. I had my bright trim prices restored back to mirror finish a few years ago, I had a dent on my hood trim and it cost $125 to fix it.
Thanks appreciate the info

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you don’t mind; how many$$ for the complete bright trim restoration and who did it. My 70 Mach trim is dull with some pits but straight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts