Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally 302, Auto, - No Drivetrain Roller - Beautiful no rust Quarters, Deck, Trunk, Roof, Doors, Fenders - all in DP90 Primer. Will need some Floor work, but Excellent Candidate for a Boss/Mach Resto or Clone. Georgia Registration. If you have been looking for a good fastback body - don`t wait -Here it is and it`s priced to sell @ $5950 Thanks VMF

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
How bad are the floors, torque boxes, frame rails, and the front shotguns that lead up to the shock towers? Also, does the car give any evidence of ever having been in an accident? Thanks

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Torque Boxes and Rails/Rockers are Good - Front Floors have some holes and need replaced - backs are`nt as bad. Core support has some rust at bottom . Shock Towers are great - no cracks or problems. Don`t know what you mean by front shotguns? No evidence of any past accident damage. This car is all original sheet metal ( except for Hood ) and very straight.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
The shotguns come up from the undercarriage, the front subframe rail is the back most part of them. The steering box is bolted to the driver's side shotgun. Both sides end up going underneath their respective shock towers, and terminate at either side of the core support. I take it that the bottom crossmember below the core support might need to be replaced then, along with front, and possibly rear floor pans-footwell areas? How rusty, if at all are the rear torque boxes? They are where the front of the rear leaf spring attaches? And how about trunk floor and the drop offs back there? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shotguns as you call them are Good as are the Front Torque boxes and Shock Towers. Rear Torgue Boxes, Frame rails, and entire Trunk area including drop offs and lower quarters are all excellent. Needs Floors and Core support and the rail underneath the core. Battery apron is original but has a patch where battery tray mounts.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
If I can help/that "shotgun" is the front frame rail as far as I am concerned. In 30 years I have never heard them called that. but you my as well not have any misunderstandings, so I hope I am helpful.
Tony

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep - from 351stang`s description I figured we were talking about the entire front frame rail sections. " Shotguns " - That`s a new one on me too !
BTY - As far as I know this car has always been in Georgia - The Door Post data plate is painted over - I`ll check for a buck tag when I get a chance.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I heard the term "shotgun" to describe these sections from a long time Mustang restorer, because they look like the stock of a shotgun I guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts