Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used non-tilt steering column for a '70 Mustang or Cougar in "needs to be restored" condition. Black, but will need to be refinished. Lower shaft has been blasted and primed. Includes key and ignition lock cylinder, working ignition switch (have you priced these lately?), and a turn signal switch that's unbroken but in unknown electrical condition. I'll also include an original rag joint and new lockout rod bushing. Steering wheel nut and turn signal stalk not included.

$50 plus shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Used non-tilt steering column for a '70 Mustang or Cougar in "needs to be restored" condition. Black, but will need to be refinished. Lower shaft has been blasted and primed. Includes key and ignition lock cylinder, working ignition switch (have you priced these lately?), and a turn signal switch that's unbroken but in unknown electrical condition. I'll also include an original rag joint and new lockout rod bushing. Steering wheel nut and turn signal stalk not included.

$50 plus shipping.
Did you sell this? I'm looking for parts for mine, also a column I can rebuild for another 70 car. Thanks

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That ad is from 12 years ago! Yes, sorry, it sold back then.

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
I WAS AWARE OF THE TIME IN YEARS. It never hurts to ask. But I was surprised I got a reply. :)
I’ve got what I believe is a 70 non tilt column if you need it.

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
I’m in the Fl Panhandle. I have no use for it, so $50 is fine with me. What part of Tx?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m in the Fl Panhandle. I have no use for it, so $50 is fine with me. What part of Tx?
Fort Worth. $50 is okay price. I can do that. Shipping will be about that though.
Here is address; Rick Bell 5567 Korth Street, Fort Worth TX 76114.
Let me know the total with shipping and I will send you the funds through PayPal... thank you.

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
Fort Worth. $50 is okay price. I can do that. Shipping will be about that though.
Here is address; Rick Bell 5567 Korth Street, Fort Worth TX 76114.
Let me know the total with shipping and I will send you the funds through PayPal... thank you.
Will do, Normally I visit FT Worth for work and could bring it, but unlikely I’ll be travelling for some time wit’s the current situation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Will do, Normally I visit FT Worth for work and could bring it, but unlikely I’ll be travelling for some time wit’s the current situation.
No problem. Anytime this week will be fine for shipping. No big hurry. I went ahead and ordered the refurbishing parts I will need. I wanted to ask if it had a lock inside, or can the lock be replaced easily? Some are whittled on so badly a new lock wont even work. Seems they go to drilling the very pin that holds the entire set inside the column housing. And that means the lock will no longer be held securely.Its almost worthless if that area been hacked on badly enough. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
No the lock has been removed. I didn’t see any damage, at least that was obvious.

Its Boxed up and ready to go. Sent you a PM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts