Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the two speed wiper setup in my 70 FB. Applying 12v to the low and high speed pins at the connector under the hood operates the motor at low and high speeds. However, I only get low speed with the system connected properly. I've tried two old switches and one new switch and all I get is low speed. I have a spare motor and tested that as well. Any insights from folks that have had similar experience (other than "it's a problem in the wiring")? Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have a 69 and wasn't aware that the 70 had a two speed motor. The 69 has one power wire and a ground. The power wire goes to the blower resistor box which provides the three speeds.
So you must have two power wires and a ground on the motor. Check for power at both of the wires that connect to the motor. One of them doesn't have power. Trace it back to the blower switch. The wire is off/loose or the switch is bad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mach1 Driver/Woodchuck, thanks for the responses. I'll roll the car out of the garage this weekend and start tracing wires. I'm at that age (and girth) that I need to remove the front seat to get under the dash and survive. Thanks, Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts