Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a while now and cant really find parts for 71-73 mustang. I am searching for any suspension,brakes,chassis upgrades,interior pieces,etc....

I am trying to make this hunk of metal, corner like a beast, hopefully one day doin pro touring in this.

If anybody has good websites please post as a reply thanks

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
There are a ton of kits offered. If you do a search on here, I'm sure you find an overwhelming range of stuff. First thing you should think about is the Shelby drop... Is that still a good one for 71-73's?

·
Registered
442 Posts
There are a ton of kits offered. If you do a search on here, I'm sure you find an overwhelming range of stuff. First thing you should think about is the Shelby drop... Is that still a good one for 71-73's?
Actually unlike the 65-70 models, there's NOT a ton of suspension/R&P combo kits for the 71-73. The fatmanfab.com kit and the (new this year) RRS kit are the only ones I've ever seen. There are some other strut-type kits but those 2 are the only with R & P.

As for interior alot is available for 71-73: door skins, seats, dash cap, console, carpet.
Back seats and trim stuff doesn't seem to exist though.

·
Registered
35,836 Posts
I see a lotta stuff for the 71-3 in the Glazier/Nolan catalog. Any suspension stuff that fits a 69-70 will fit a 71-73. The "drop" won't work on the 71-73 due to the structure below the holes. However, I have seen aftermarket upper control arms that have the drop incorporated in the mounting shaft, and that would work.

Parts availability for the 71-3 gets better all the time, just saw this the other day:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts