Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am thinking about selling my 1971 BOSS 351. I bought this car in October of 2012 from the original owner who's dad bought it for him while he was in Vietnam. It had been under a cover, parked in a garage in MA for 10 years. This is an all original car, even the windshield wipers are original. All paint, body parts, 4 speed, 351 motor, distributor, carb, rev limiter, seats, glass, carpet, everything is original. All lights, gauges, mechanisms, all work as they should. Runs and drives. Factory exhaust, thought is rusting out. Factory wheels and center caps, hoses, hose clamps, alt, spare, bottle, padding, etc. Even has the factory air filter. There is some surface rust on the body on the door window ledge and the small rear window ledges. Also, there is some rust under the hood around the air intake due to a mice nest inside the hood and on top of the air cleaner. The heater box is out, but still have the original along with a new one. Even have the original spark plug wires. The paint is a 8-9 quality. No rust anywhere on the panels or frame, other than what was mentioned. I have some NOS parts, carpet set, extra set of roll tires, a bumper, floor padding, and some smalls. This one may be the very last of an all original BOSS. I took it to a MCA show in Beaumont, and national BOSS judges told me to leave it as is, it is a time capsule. Other than cleaning it up from sitting in the barn, and getting it running, it is like I found it. It was in the July 2013 Mustang Monthly under Rare Finds. I can send pics upon request, but please do not waste my time or yours. It is a very rare car, and it is for sale, not on sale. There is one dent on the fender, the size of a quarter, and that is it. I also have a Marti Report that would go with it, showing it is 1 of 1 with a ring blow horn, that does work. It is medium yellow gold with black interior. There are some mice holes in the headliner, but I was told to leave the headliner, the hood, the rust on the ledges alone. I treated the rust with oil, and that was it. If interested please call me at (337) 789-6276. I am in South Louisiana, between the Duck guys, and the Alligator guys on TV. Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Interesting story. Why did the original owner keep the car for 40 years yet never enjoy it? (I'm assuming here, since he neither drove it nor preserved it)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couple of pics

The owner is a good friend of my uncle in MA. He has had it since new, still living too, and just did not have an interest in the car. It is crazy how someone just does not preserve a car like this, however, I see it all the time. Here are a couple of pics of the car when I local girl used it for her senior pictures. I will get more soon. The car is in my shop behind 4 other cars right now. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just looked it up. It is the June 2013 edition under Rare Finds. The 351 BOSS is on the cover, under Rare Finds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts