Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just gotta tell you guys about my latest e-*** score. A stripe kit for a 1971 Boss 302. Yes, 302. I read about some of these kits out there. It is complete with A D1ZZ part #. Ford had produced some of these kits before the corporate decision was to discontinue the Boss 302 and build up the 351. I read about another kit out there in Mustangs and Fords a couple of years ago. What a rarity. Now that I bought them, what can I use them for? I guess I wanted them just to have them. Anyhow I think I got a good deal.

Don

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You could always build a Boss 302 and drop it in a 71 or 72 Mach 1 or Fastback. Then you would have something to put your stripe kit on, and you wouldn't be lying. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
19,212 Posts
Good catch! But there is a catch: old stripe kits that have adhesive usually won't work, due to age. Also, check the material itself: it may be worn and friable.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Midlife is right. The old kits are VERY hard to get to work right and rarely do. You have a cool part number and that's about it. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I bought an original stripe kit for my BOSS too and ended up getting a new one from www.graphic-express.com

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
WHat does the 71 Boss 302 stripe look like??? Like the 351 or something different.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
There were plans to continue the BOSS 302 in 71 but at the last min. Ford went with the BOSS 351 for 71. Some parts however had already been produced for the 71 BOSS 302 which never got built. Make sense? So a 71 BOSS 302 stripe kit looks just like a 70 kit. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts