Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Went out to look at a 71' vert in Homer Glen. It has a lot of options, including NASA Hood, rear wing, front spoiler, deluxe int including triple gauges, A/T, A/C, full console with clock, nice rims,power top, 351C 2bbl that is strong. It needs a top and body work (normal stuff, nothing too bad). The guy only want $2,700. I'll bet he would take $2-2,200. I THINK his number is 708 301-8899, but I'm at my g/f's house and don't have the number here. If someone is really interested I'll make sure. It's blue w/ a white top and white int.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you could check the number for me I would appreciate it. Chris

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the number. It IS 708 301-8899. The guy's name is John. Be sure to check out his 71' Mach I if you do go out there. It's gorgeous.
Matt

·
Registered
850 Posts
Depending on how much work would be needed that would be a great price for a project car such as that. wish I had the money and storage I'd get it, but after that the wife would leave me and child support would kill my budget, I'm trying like hell to keep the two I've got :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'm no expert, but this doesnt seem to be a $10-15K restoration. I think the body work would be somewhere around $1-2,000, and a new top and paint. The driver's seat needs a new cushion and cover, and the tires should be changed too. I think he said he went through the brakes, and the engine ran strong. He said it could be driven home or he would deliver locally. All in all a nice project for the money.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I am looking at an old,1996 price guide and even at it's lowest unrestored price it would be $5000 and only 6121 built. Remember that price was 6 years ago. Some one should jump on this car! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ive called him several times and he has not answered yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts