Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm probably 6 months away from buying a replacement windshield (shaded top) and driver side window. The kicker is my car being a factory A/C car my windows (all sides and back) are tinted. The rest of the glass is good thankfully.

So what are my options down the road. I found a shaded windshield from Classic Mustang of Oklahoma @ $650. The factory tinted driver door glass I have yet to see.

Thoughts?

Steph

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Steph,have you tried a local glass supplier?I have a windsheild man that has been able to get some off the wall glass at areasenable price.Just a thought.FastE.

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
Get a windshield from a local glass place and have them install it. The only issue I know of with new glass is that it is thinner than the original, for safety reasons. Therefore, they have to use a thicker butyl tape to get it to sit correctly against the moldings. Just make your installer aware of this and he'll take care of you...

As far as the driver's window, you'll just have to find one used, whether in the classifieds or on eHay....

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the driver's door glass, in the Boise area, if you are interested...also, there should be several local glass suppliers that have the windshield. I'm not really sure, but I believe the original glass in the Mustang was Carlite, not PPG. See if the glass shops have that glass, and insist on it. ::

1 - 4 of 4 Posts