Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 1972 Spirit coupe with only 33,500 miles was recently purchased from the original owner. It's white with blue rockers and a blue tail light panel. The interior is white with matching blue dash, carpets and seat inserts. There is also red pin striping surrounding the rear tail light panel and red piping on the seats. Someone told us it's a limited edition 'Spirit' model but we can't find any info about this in any of the Mustang books. Considering the color scheme, it probably is some type of special order model but we would like to confirm exactly what model and maybe how many were produced. The car has a 351C/2bbl, auto console and power disc brakes. The original wheel covers consist of a trim ring and a center hub cap. The center cap has a matching blue ring at the perimeter and it says Ford Motor Company. Does anyone have information on this model? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,700 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
What is the value of these cars? I know where there is a fastback sitting in a trailer park. It looks good from the road but I have never seen it move.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
These were made for Olympics ( Remember Marc Spitts) I think. They had a red white and blue USA shield on the rear quarter also. I also remember seeing Pinto and Maverics like this way back when......

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
IIRC, they only made 50 convertibles, which were used in the Cherry Blossom parade in Washington, DC to carry all Miss USA contestents. There is a retired MCA convertible in the midwest and that is what he told me. I don't know if it was ever convfirmed...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not much more that the garden-variety version of a normal mustang. It was basically a paint and interior package with no other rules. You could have any body style (there may have been convertible restrictions), any engine, and any other option except color. The big thing is, I don't believe there are any tags or codes associated with it. It was just paint. And on top of all that, the same option was available on two other cars.
JH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts