Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '73 Mustang convertible project, maybe...

I bought the car, but there is much more rust than I expected. For instance, members (not sure what they're called) that front fenders, radiator and front bumper attach to (right in front of car when hood is open, at bottom of radiator) are very rusted. I am trying to determine if car is worth investing time/money into?

Any thoughts????
::[pollstart]
[polltitle=Is it worth doing?]
[polloption=Yes]
[polloption=No]
[pollstop]

TIA!!!

John

Cancer troubles...
Circulatory and Respiratory problems...
Needs a new 'do!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you have some money to burn and really like the car, go for it. If you don't like the car alot and plan to sell it soon after your restoration, sell it now.
http://a6.cpimg.com/image/1E/74/15534366-87a5-02000180-.jpg

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The car has potential as most do... as the above poster said if your not feeling the car sell her now before she consumes you.

Areas of concern are the cowls, bumper frame(in front of your radiator), trunk floor and tail light panel, and the area where you door is bolted to the body of the car.

How complete is the car?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Try to find cancer(not just rust but the kind of rust that has eaten the metal tru or almost) If it looks a little rusty then that isn't a problem, use a sharp object to poke around if you find that it wont go tru then try a Piece of sandpaper to remove the rust. alot of the metal on my mustang has rust and was cleaned up easy but i found cancer in the quater cowls and in the floor pans. This car will never be put up for sale due to sentimental value so those will be easy to replace.(not realy)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Take a look at my pic's, I had the same amount damage you have outlined. It's alot of work but you sure do feel good when you see it all come together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts