Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my engine re-built and installed but once I got it home, I noticed my tach was not working.

I found a hot wire and a ground wire, coming from the small elec box on the front left fender area, that was not hooked up and was wondering if that might have something to do with it? I'm not sure where to look where Ford hook up their tachs at.....any thoughts or suggestions?

thanks,
AKM

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Ford tachs are inline to the power to the coil. If you had an electronic ignition installed, the shop may have disabled your tach.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK....

Got the tach hooked up and working. The other wire is returning from my ALT cuage. I have one that goes from the box on the left frotn fender and goes to the guage and plugs in. Then the return wire goes from the other plug and goes back to the front left fender but is not hooked up. It is also hot. Of course my ALT gauge does not work currently....any ideas where this needs to be hooked up?

Also....Parking Paw? My transmission will slip forward if I am parked on an incline. What should I look at for this? I gotta feeling the tranny will need to come out...right after i just put the new engine in!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts