Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an 88 Mustang "Roadster" cheap, it has a nice body, but the fake convertible top material is peeling from fiberglass backing board, I was wondering what lay beneath the fiberglass board? Steel? Painted? Car looks bad with peeling top, thought it might be easier to remove whole piece-if possible.Or does anyone know a supplier of the top canvas material (I've done real convertible tops and vinyl roofs before).

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Never heard of a Fox bodied Roadster. Is it a notch or a convertible with a cover over the top? If it's a notch, then I'm sure there is steel under that fiberglass.

·
Administrator
19,298 Posts
This is a popular addition to lots of cars. I've seen many an 80's TBird with them and many Lincolns had them from the factory.
Every one I've ever seen was just glued, riveted, and screwed on to the factory roof. Annoying to fix, but it can be done. The actual rivet holes are the worst. Hopefully the roof won't be rusted much (Florida cars are bad about that), most often the roof will look like new. You'll find out, I guess. ::

1 - 4 of 4 Posts