Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some help with a good neighbor task I got myself into. My friend lost her husband a few years ago and has been holding on to his Yellow 93 that is in showroom condition. She hates to part with the memory but knows someone will get alot more out of it than her and money is now needed. Knowing how much he put into it, she's not going to part with it for nothing. We're looking for the right person who will appreciate (and pay for) this gem. It only has 33,000 miles on it and when not cruising has been garaged all 27 years.

You may already know these Mustang Feature Cars were a sales-promotion tool designed to draw buyers into Ford dealer lots during the early '90s. There were three variations of the Feature Car: Vibrant Red with pearl coat five-spoke wheels, Vibrant White with white five-spoke wheels, and Canary Yellow with chrome five-spoke wheels. All had white leather interior (black was also available on the '93 Canary Yellow Feature Cars) and were produced in limited numbers for each Ford regional sales district.

My neighbor's husband was a professional farmer who was passionate about farm equipment and cool cars for most of his 73 years. He grew up in Southern California, where drag racing was born. He hung out with Southern California legend George "Pops" Boskovich (a milk farming family member) who cruised hot Fords, looking for action. Locals remember Pops' '69 Boss 429 Mustang, Pops' Toy, stuffed full with a screaming 427 SOHC cammer fat-block. Pops, like my friend's late husband had a sizzling passion for the roar of V-8 power and fast cars. They enjoyed an extraordinary friendship for many years.

This magnificent Mustang Convertible started with the 5.0 fuel-injected engine. Beginning with a new Ford GT-40 block, forged pistons and crankshaft, everything balanced and blueprinted, a Ford Racing Performance Parts camshaft and roller lifters, big-valve heads with sodium-filled valves, an 80mm throttle body, and a reworked Paxton SN-93 supercharger. Understanding the limitations of a T5 five-speed in terms of strength, a Richmond five-speed transmission was installed. A set of 4.11 gears was added inside the 8.8-inch rearend. The result was performance this one and only owner loved to share with others who appreciated the art of speed and the beauty of a Mustang.

We're hoping to get $20,000 or more for this one of a kind gem. All serious offers will be considered. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more details. Thanks for looking at this post.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Post it on eBay and over on corral.net.... you will get a much wider audience.

Also check this site and post it there which is specific to the (3) Fox Era Feature Mustangs:

If receipts are available for all the performance/mod work done, and anything available as far as maintenance history, the asking price at $20k is fair and maxed. If it was the black top/black interior, she could have pushed for $25k, as that is the more desirable combo amongst Fox hunters....

Best of luck with the sale, very nice example of a Canary feature Mustang!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Beautiful car. I'm in the market for a 91-93 Fox Vert as another mustang but the one your posting is out of reach for another toy. Beautiful car though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.