Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 94 5.0 for my 1966 have some info for someone who may need it eliminated smog pump and Power Steering needed a belt I purchased a Gates K060849 13/16" x 85 1/2" OC 20mm x 21710mm OC.
1585405158105.png

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am working on a similar project 95 mustang 5.0 in a 1956 Jag Xk140.
Are you using the original 94 EFI, and if so, are you using the orig 94 ECU?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Planning on using the original 94 EFI right now it is on the engine stand I just purchased it removed the cross pipe on the rear of the heads and plugged the exhaust holes with allen bolts removed the EGR and put a plate over it. It has factory headers with a pipe from the headers to the EGR I plugged off that pipe on the header. Not too far into it yet.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Planning on using the original 94 EFI right now it is on the engine stand I just purchased it removed the cross pipe on the rear of the heads and plugged the exhaust holes with allen bolts removed the EGR and put a plate over it. It has factory headers with a pipe from the headers to the EGR I plugged off that pipe on the header. Not too far into it yet.
Yep, I did exactly that also.
I'm at the stage where I am stuck in re. to routing the air intake. No room to go forward with the ducting, so have to go thru the right sidewall into the right front wheelwell.
Debating about going with Edelbrock ProFlo4 so can use regular top fitting air filter.
Dunno....cost overruns already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a mustang 11 ifs. once I install it I may be able to lower the engine a little I am also doing a 4 link in the rearend but haven't purchased a rear end for it yet trying to figure out the best route to go 57.25" is a narrow rear and finding something to fit is a challange.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Oh, you MUST post on this! If you are on FB, check out Group Two. I'm a mod there. Lost of cool stuff, including Jags
I too would like to see this. I owned a XK150 DHC for a few years. The 120 and 140 XK’s are beautiful cars.

LJ

·
Registered
36,500 Posts
At the stage where I am stuck in re. to routing the air intake. No room to go forward, so have to go thru the right sidewall into the right front wheelwell.
Debating about going with Edelbrock ProFlo4 so can use regular top fitting air filter.
Dunno....cost overruns already.
If cost is a factor, strip it down and swap on the 66 timing cover and accessories, with a conversion 5.0 balancer. For the intake, use a Performer RPM and stock 66 distributor with steel gear installed. Use headers or manifolds compatible with a 66 Mustang. Powerful, reliable, and economical. Plus you won't have to mix and match parts (maintenance nightmare forever) or chop up your sheetmetal or tower braces.

·
Registered
Mustang 1966 coupe and a 1969 Mach 1
31 Posts
Years ago, before i got my 1969 Mach 1, i was working on a 1970 coupe. I got a 1987 5.0 HO out of an Lincoln and got some March performance brackets.
Plain and simple: Alt and PS.

Needless to say, when the Mach 1 came, the 70 coupe went out the door.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
What is Group Two about/for?
Group Two were 2 door sedans, not fast backs in the early days of Trans Am racing with Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds and Baracudas. Group Two on FB was originally dedicated to this but has since morphed into more road racing in general. We're a small but very diverse group with a lot of members from Australia, New Zealand and the UK. Those guys really love their racing and post some wild road racing clips. Lots of Jags, Holdens and Falcon XL's. Check us out

Trans Am 67 Mustang

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The A/C compressor WILL hit the shock tower with the 94-95 serpentine front bracketry. My 65 has no A/C
If I add it, I'll deal with it then. Didn't want to put a M II front end on it just to get A/C. I think the original suspension setup is superior.

·
Registered
542 Posts
My prob with the 5.0 in my Jag was the compressor had to go high...not enough side clearance...engine with accessories too wide.
It's why I couldn't put in an LS engine or newer Jag v8, or a 4.6 Ford.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts