Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,248 Posts
It's a gorgeous car doing what it was built to do !

Reactions: Badbenz94

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a gorgeous car doing what it was built to do !
Thanks! It was fun and really hope to start running her next year at more realistic speeds. @Nailbender got it going, just need to find $$$

If you drove it home or onto the trailer, then it was a good day at the track.

I did neither of those after this long weekend at Hallett. More to come on that... :mad: .
Thats very true.

Sorry to hear about that. But hey, it sounds like you’re in one piece so a few repairs over winter and you’ll be back stronger, faster and better than before!

Well it sure looks good!
Thanks!

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Thanks! It was fun and really hope to start running her next year at more realistic speeds. @Nailbender got it going, just need to find $$$
Yea, lots of $$$$$$$$! They you race and break it, then lots more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! It is really fun though!

Reactions: Badbenz94

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts

I did neither of those after this long weekend at Hallett. More to come on that... :mad: .
That doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts

Ruh-Roh ???

John

·
Registered
416 Posts
As my Dad always said, "Aint racin' fun?" lol

Reactions: patrickstapler

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I mislead everyone trying to be funny. Yes it was the first time on track for the car, but it was part of the car show I participated in and we were able to do parade laps at the Autobahn race track in Joliet, IL. So no real speed was allowed 😂 Hence Epic Fail

However, even the speeds we could sneak in was fun and am looking forward to doing something real next year.

Chris

Reactions: Mr.E and disquek

·
Registered
307 Posts
Parade Laps…all about letting a huge gap accumulate between you and the next guy before getting to the straightaway. 🤔

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yea, lots of $$$$$$$$! They you race and break it, then lots more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! It is really fun though!
Yep. Last track cost me an engine rebuild, but I am going back in a few days. Worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts