Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '65 2+2 and I'm considering replacing the back seat with a shelby seat-delete shelf. I rarely use the back seat anyway. How many owners really use those back seats? Any one with a rear shelf care to discuss its merits?
thanks, Todd.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have often wondered how close the delete kit for the '65-'66 would come to working on my '70. I love the way they look.
"We Don't Need No Stinkin' Rear Seats"
I would put one in my car.....

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Three babes or one babe, that's the question.

I use the rear seat, although not often enough the way described above. But friends and family.

Before deleting, what good would shelby-style shelf would do? The weight removal isn't considerable and even that is between the axles. The removal doesn't increase power or help aerodynamics.

The looks? Well, it doesn't appeal to me, but doesn't make me puke either.

Shelby did it only to homologate the car as two-seater as required by the sanctioning body. Probably wouldn't have done that if four-seaters would have been eligible.

G

·
0 Posts
Lucky are those of us that have ford down rear seats. I very rarely use my back seat unless its the kids. I did make an exception the other day when 4 ladies asked me for a ride home from a local sports bar. They were real excited about riding in the "best car in the parking lot" Who was I to argue with their great taste. After dropping off the first 3, the last one said that she wanted to go on the highway and go fast. Me, having good judgment and common sense, I respectfully told her "buckle up and lets go". I'll bet she still has that same grin on her face, I do.

Keep the back seat!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
You devil you!

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I removed the rear seats in my 65 years ago in favor of delete panel. I think its basically a personell choice but I have incorperated most of my stereo equitment under it including sub woofer amps etc.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts