Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dude who pulled my motor out said to route my battery to the back of the trunk to save weight...duh. He told me to run two 6amp batteries and have them balance out the power intead of getting single 12amp battery, which is more weight and heats up faster? I don't know much about batteries so excuse if my amps are wrong, but anyone hear of having two batteries?

·
Registered
10,385 Posts
I have heard of using 2 12 VOLT batteries but only when compression is sooo high you need the umph from2 to start the engine.

Stick with 1 12 volt battery and you will be fine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
well is your car going to be a race car? most race crs put 2 batteries in the trunk to get the front end weighin less.. and evening out the rear end

·
Registered
165 Posts
my dad has 2 batteries in the back of his 73 Buick GS drag car

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
My dad also runs two batteries on his Cadillac, but I dont know the voltage on them. I was told that you could use one battery for all your accessories and the other on just for the start up. I dont know its true, but if it is, I think thats pretty cool! ::

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
If you realy want to do that(more hassle) then you wire the batterys + on bat1 to - on bat two and - on bat1 to + on bat2 then you make the connections on the seliniod bat2+ to the seliniod and bat2- to the ground(that is for 6v bats) two 6 will be 12V but if you connect bat1+ to bat2+ then that will create more power with out uping the voltage two 12v connected like that will still be 12v. on most street cars its overkill and a battery on the right side(i think its the passenger side that needs more tracktion) In my dad's camper we had two realy big 12v batterys witch allowed up to watch the tv and playstation all night without draining the batterys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts