Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ave a 65 couple 289 2v. I would like to go to a 4bbl carb. Am I right in thinking that I will only need to replace the intake manifold and gaskets, etc. to do this? I am thinking of buying the edelbrock power package which is an intake manifold, carb, cam and lifters with installation kit. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Going with the matching cam kit is the better way to go. Hopefully, the kit will contain "matching" valve springs.

Just the carb and manifold alone will give you some additional power but the complete carb, manifold & cam kit route, will really perk up your old 2v.

Good luck.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I did the same thing on my 68 289 coupe with a Holley 600 dual feed. The only thing I had to do was reroute the fuel line to match the new inlet. The throttle linkage was right there. I had a 4 speed, so I can't speak for kickdown linkage. It would be nice if you upgraded the cam at the same time, but if time, money, skill, etc... prevent it you will still get a nice kick in the pants. Do the rest later as you wish.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts