Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all who responded to my Centerforce clutch post earlier. Now I have 2 more questions.

First, does anyone know where to get green dash bulbs. The lights for my oil and amp gages on the Shelby are supposed to be green. The regular clear bulbs are listed as #1895 . Does anyone know where to get the green ones and what the # for them might be?

My orginal front parking brake cable broke shortly before I started restoring the car. The repo that I have doesn't retract. Is this a common problem? I still have to adjust the breaks, but the cable seems to bind and coil up under the dash even after I push the brake handle back in. With the original, all I had to do was push down on the handle and it would snap back into place. Any ideas???

Thanks again, you guys are a gold mine of info!!!

G

·
Dunno about the brake issue but my '70 Spoiler has a green insert in the dash behind the bezel to make the bulbs green & I can't buy them for love of money!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I don't know if they are the same or not, but I have a few of the green covers out of a 67 cluster. I removed them when I replaced the gauges. You guys are welcome to have them, just don't fight over them boys. Also VDO makes red and green lenses that fit directly over the bulb if the cover aren't a match. PM me if you are interested or need the VDO part number (I think I can find it).

Lou

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Shelby gages are Stewart Warner units mounted in the console. They need to have a green bulb to illuminate green to match the dash lights. Even the owners manual calls for a green bulb but I can't seem to find them. IF NPD carries them, they don't specifically list them as such.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts