Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I have a '67 with in dash air. The heaterbox is cracked in a few places (all out of site); what's the best way to repair it?
Second, I'm wanting to put non-functional lower brake scoops on my '67. What's the difference between the standard non-functional and the California Special scoops? I know one is supposedly "open" and the other "closed". Does anyone have pictures of them? Thanks.
-Brian

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had excellent luck using a two part clear epoxy to fix the cracks in my heater box (most places from the inside). I also used it to build up the area where the clips that hold it together go and used a dremmel tool to shape the area to accomodate the clip.

·
Administrator
19,338 Posts
This may not be the best picture, but this is how the CS scoops look (right now) on my 67. To be finished, they should have a screen-type insert to help disguise the fact that they are not functional. http://members14.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/getImage.pl?imgID=8958107-8085&trans=
I bought the closed type so I would have the option of using them as is or cutting them out to make them functional. I wouldn't buy the open ones unless you are prepared to actually vent them to the brakes. Otherwise they'll just be a wind, dirt, and water trap.
Expect them NOT to fit. Ask Laurie about hers. I got fed up with mine and went ahead and molded them in with fiberglass. They look good but I expect the fiberglass will start cracking in the future. Bolting them on should work out better in the long term.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts