Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st the intake the water temp. sencor goes in close to the distrarator. what do I do about that I can't plug it I need the sencor I'm not useing a heater core so I've got to figure out how to rought the water pipes.
2nd does it matter if a water pump spends clockwise or counter clockwise?the pump I had too use is '89 lx for the surpintine belt. all I have is one belt wraped around crank, waterpump, alt. and power steering back to the crank.

chris & dusty

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
FIrst thing to do, is try using punctuation in your posts. Makes them much easier to read and understand /forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

Second ... the sending unit will go into the driver's side of the intake, the threaded hole near the distributor is for the heater hose. You could plug either or both, though, I'm not sure why you'd want to ... just get a plug of the appropriate size at the local hardware store.

Third, NO. You cannot use a reverse water pump (one for a serpentine belt) using a v-belt. You'll be trying to pump the water through the system backwards, won't have enough pressuer to do so, and will over heat instantly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts