Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after many years of reconstructing and rehabbing, my 65 coupe finally saw the road today. It's not finished, but I putin in alot of time this weekend to get it street legal and SAFE to drive. My first experience with headliners and window instulation. BOTH of which I do not want to do again. I't hard to do a car by yourself with no experience. The car drove better than expected, the exhause rattles, but it is just barely on (going to muffler shop very soon). With 3 row and shroud, it stayed cool (80 deg today). My heavy duty suspension and underiders seemed to do a great job w/ excelleration and cornering. But man is it a bumy ride comapred to my SVT Contour. I have new pics posted on my link below, check e'm out. If I get productive and lucky, maybe I can get the rest of the glass and weatherstripping on in the next week or two???
I'ts sooooo nice to finally drive it again. I have had this car since 1981, but it's been off the road since 1986.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nice car. It definetly is a thrill to drive a car for the first time(or the first time in a long time in your case). Yeah, i gotta put my windows back in in a week or two. Just glad i ahve my dad to hold the window steady while i seal. cant imagine doing it by myslelf :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow - great looking car. Congrats on getting it back on the road. I have "only" had my car 5 years, and I am still looking forward to the day when I go down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts