Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss and i were looking to do a frame off resto on his car and only have one spot in our shop for both of our cars that need to be kept there. Iether car cannot be moved to compensate for more space to the other. We want to get started on a frame off for his car. Has anyone had any experience or any ideas on how i could maybe hoist the body off of the frame to the trusses up above in the shop. Or maybe some fabricated triangles to hold up the body while we work on the frame down below that would be reliable and safe. Any insight, experience, knowledge or innovative sound ideas would be appreciated. :highfive:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Well if it's a mustang, there is no "frame off" resto. They're unibody, the frame is part of the body. Closest thing to that is gut the car and all the suspension parts, so all you have left is a shell

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Might help if you tell us what kind of car it is. Closest thing to "frame off" in the classic Mustang world can be seen in my sig pics.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well unfortunately he is a very confused man. it is a 1972 buick riviera that he is really whooped over.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Best best is a rotisserie setup. You can buy a rigid one for around $800, slightly more for one on rollers, or build one from two engine hoists for a bit less. This will allow you to separate the frame and lift up the body, then you can move both the frame and body as needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts