Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://richelieu.ods.org/2004_GrandNational/

All in all a great trip! Got to meet lots of new people for the first time, and put some faces with names I had seen forever (like CharlesTurner and Art!)

I just wanna get my car done and running though, so the ongoing joke can finally die down! ;) (just kiddin', you guys can keep razzin' me even after I get 'er done)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Very nice picts. Was the white 69 Boss the rarest car there?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummm... I dunno... there were like 3-4 Boss '9's there... There was a really really nice Boss inside that I didn't get a pic of...

What really got me was this really nice Boss had it's tires off, looked all concours and I noticed... "That's a REALLY small exhaust system!"

That thing came with 2.25" exhaust from the factory... how messed up is THAT? :)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dunno for sure...

I wouldn't be against having a pink mustang, IF:

1) I had ALL the documentation for it.
2) I bought it new or it was a family purchase.
3) It was concours, meant for shows and for awards, not driving.

It's one of those mustangs that HAS to have history, and if it was a family heirloom... I'd keep it, and wouldn't change the color...

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Hey, wait a sec... where are all the Buick pictures? ::

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, wait a sec... where are all the ***** pictures? ::
I dunno what you're talkin' about... My browser deemed that word as "inappropriate" and blanked it out... what were ya talkin' about again? :D

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
We should have had you come down... it was a last minute decision to stop so I could drop something off to someone. I mentioned we should have let you know, but the best I could have done at that point would have been to e-mail you on our hijacked wireless connection we had there :D That pic of me and using the laptop on the fender of the trailer was me using someone elses wireless connection to get directions to the show :p

I'll be back up there for a game or two... I'll let you know when I'm coming so you can come join us for a beverage...

-bob

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
thanks for posting,really enjoyed looking at the pics..i know the guy with 65-66 vert with color changeing paint.i see him at just about every lage mustang show i go to

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Nice pictures Rich. Where's the pictures of "Stacey from Hooters"? :p

BTW, The clone in this picture is my "twin" - the car with the consecutive serial # before mine. :: I hear that he sometimes lurks on VMF..... And that's 67shelby's A-code GT next to it. ;)
http://richelieu.ods.org/2004_GrandNational/DSC03341.JPG

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oi vey..

I shoulda gotten some pics with the hooters chicks... but I was not necessarily playin' along that day. :p

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. my favorite is that bluegrayish 65/6 heavily modified fastback ( http://richelieu.ods.org/2004_GrandNational/DSC03362.JPG )

Would you happen to have any other shots of this car? It has some interesting elements to it .. thanks again for sharing ..

James

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Yep, thats my car, the one with the "Roddsters" tag on the windshield shot....(the row 6 photos)
What, no photo of that " " yellow 70 Mach I convertible with the "twister stripes" ?
And how about Bobs Valve covers? The VMF.com engraved on them.
40 years of Mustangs. Ah, 75. 76, 80 or 81 were missing. I'm not knocking that, just kind of shows you where the popularity is.
And yeah, all those cars inside were artwork.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
They did all their own fabrication on that car. IMHO the car was great except for the headlights.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Holy moley, thanks for all those extra pics, thats a wild ride .. looking at those pics i'm wondering if it was built by those guys that made that cool red convertible that was at carlisle 2003 and then featured on the cover of one of the mustang mags. It has several of the same body mods and interior mods as that convertible, and i recall reading that those guys were going to do a fastback next .. i'd love to see it at carlisle next year .

James

1 - 20 of 20 Posts