Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doe's anyone have any news as to what will happen with the 2004 Mustang body style. Is there a big change in the works, or is that going to happen in 2005?
If anyone has any links to stories I would like to see them.
Thanks

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
Last piece I read was it would debut in 2004 as a 2005 model. The same article said that the 30th Anniv. model will be on the current Fairmont platform. There has been a lot of talk about a return of the Boss and taking the 4.6 to a 5.0 variant. Me thinks the Anniv. model could just be a Boss 302!

I have not seen any photos or sketches yet that we could call reliable for the next Mustang.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
The Mach 1 Mustang in 2004 will look the same as the current iteration (same body style) There's a picture of it in the latest Automobile mag.

I think the biggest changes are scheduled for 2005.

I wonder if Ford will call the new Boss a Boss 281...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Tony,

One of the best sources of information on Ford "happenings" can be found at www.blueovalnews.com. They kept very current on project "Terminator" which eventually turned out to be the new s/c 03 Cobra. John Colletti has stated that the Boss 302 will NOT happen unless they iron out the wrinkles on the new 5.0 mod motor (similar to the 4.6/5.4 series). With what they have accomplished so far, I am putting money on the Boss......

randy

G

·
0 Posts
Right now I am working for ford as a contractor on FordVehicles.com.

I will try to talk with someone and see what information I can dig up.

Might be a few days.

As for now.. the new GT40 comes out this model year and it's one tight vehicle.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I thought I read that the 2k5, due out late 2k4, will resemble the 65-66 fastback. I was either road & track or car and driver, August 2002 issue.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Man, I sure hope it looks nice. I'm seriously considering dumping the Altima and getting a new 'stang for my "rain car". Hate to do that (make it the rain car), but it will put up with the weather better than the '66!

Just gotta convince the SWMBO that a sports car is just fine with the kiddies around!

Steve

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have a picture of the artists concept of the new one, if anyone wants to see it...I can't get it posted, but, e-mail me, and I will e-mail it to you...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just got the Sept'02 issue of Road and Track. It says the '04 will be launched on the anniversary date and it will be strongly influenced by the '68 car. It will have a base model 3.0l V-6, with an optional 8 which may be bumped from 4.6 to 5.0. It says it will be based on the current Lincoln LS/ Thunderbird platform. The artists concept isn't very pretty though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts