Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

* * *Recently picked up a '09 Fusion SEL AWD and have sorted all the major stuff with it.* Last thing is the remote start.* Once the start is initiated, the doors will lock, horn will honk and all the lights on the IP will light and the anti theft light will flash.* That's all that*happens--no start.* I am wondering if it is a programming issue with the key fob.* I only have one set of keys for this car.* Thoughts??.

Not sure why the stars are in the text--I did not do it

·
Premium Member
9,535 Posts
On my '15 Mustang I must push the Door Lock button once and the Engine Start button twice to initiate the remote start.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my '15 Mustang I must push the Door Lock button once and the Engine Start button twice to initiate the remote start.
I can try that but sitting in the car and pushing the start button on the remote, it will lock the doors and all the lights on the IP will come on and then when it should start, the theft light will rapidly flash. I'm going to scan it to see what codes may come up..

·
Premium Member
9,535 Posts
I can try that but sitting in the car and pushing the start button on the remote, it will lock the doors and all the lights on the IP will come on and then when it should start, the theft light will rapidly flash. I'm going to scan it to see what codes may come up..

Maybe it is recognizing that there is a butt in the seat and it is confused as to why you are trying to use the remote start when you are sitting in the car. What does it do if you attempt a remote start with nobody in the car?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe it is recognizing that there is a butt in the seat and it is confused as to why you are trying to use the remote start when you are sitting in the car. What does it do if you attempt a remote start with nobody in the car?
It does the same thing either way--I just wanted to be sure it actually locks so I sat in side for the attempt.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update....... After reading online, I learned that it could be in a valet mode. I found the manual and decided to see if it was in that mode--tried engaging the mode and no luck--it should of honked the horn 6 times to tell it was engaged. Tried to take it out of that mode (if it was engaged) and no different. Does that fact that it will not go into valet mode help track down the issue??

·
Registered
550 Posts
Manual should also tell you what kinds of things to look for that will keep it from starting--door ajar,hood switch etc. To many remote start events without an actual key start will also disable remote start.

More important than that (to me) is only having one key--better to get another while you still have one !

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Manual should also tell you what kinds of things to look for that will keep it from starting--door ajar,hood switch etc. To many remote start events without an actual key start will also disable remote start.

More important than that (to me) is only having one key--better to get another while you still have one !
Yep, it dod state all the reasons that it would not start and I have gone through all of them. I'm going to be selling this car in the spring--just picked it up as a winter car. I may look into getting a second key though.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE........ I asked this question on a Fusion Forum and got this test to do:

"The small plug (should be 4 pins) connects to a small module which connects to a coil around the ignition switch. This Securilok module (typically 8L3Z-19G365-BA) acts like a coded key. If it is not working or has not been learned as a valid key, the PATs LED will continue to flash and the car won't start. So if you disconnect that 4-pin plug, there won't be any interference from the Securilock module. Just press the head of your regular key tightly against the ignition switch and try to remote start. Do not insert the key in the lock as the remote start is disabled when a key is sensed as inserted.

A successful start means an issue with the Securilok key module itself or the wiring connected it to the main RS module or to the ignition switch sensing coil."

I did the above test and the car will start with the remote now while the key is held up to the ign. lock. So......where to now?? I really don't need a second key for day to day life since I will be selling the car in the spring. Is there anything else to test before assuming it is the Securilock module itself?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys,

Still trying to decide which way to go with this. Not knowing the history of this car, all I know is that I bought it with one key and the PO did not have a second. Is it more likely that the Securilock "lost" it's programming or did the module just go bad? I'm thinking that the later is more likely. Does anyone know for sure if a replacement Securilock module would need to be programmed or would it be a simple R&R. I ask that since my only option for another key is to go to the dealer--and I know that will not be cheap. Thoughts??

·
Premium Member
9,535 Posts
You can buy an extra "key" (the electronic Fob) on Fleabay and a locksmith can synch it to your car.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You can buy an extra "key" (the electronic Fob) on Fleabay and a locksmith can synch it to your car.
I thought about that also. I have been told that they will clone the key and a cloned one will not be able to re-program the PATS system. I could be way off base though--been told some conflicting info over the last few days.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I put a new battery in the car--it was going to need one for the colder months anyway. I thought just mybe the low battery might be causing the problem--nope. I guess the next thing is to get a second key programmed to eliminate that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts