Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to do something different than the usual throw the v-8 in... im thinking of hoping up the original 200ci 6. Im thinking a turbo and new headers..... anyone have any ideas for hoping it up and being different?

·
Registered
191 Posts
This has been covered many times over, search for more info. Also check out classic inlines and clifford performance, they are great companies with even better info.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
200ci .030 over, small-chamber 170ci head modified for big valves and bolt-in exhaust port divider, Stellite valve seats, Winona bronze valve guides, Clifford dual-coil valve springs and tubular pushrods, adjustable rocker arms, 272deg Clifford cam and Rhoads lifters, Mallory Unilite distributor and Promaster coil, Clifford equal-length headers, Offy 3x1 intake w/Pony Carbs modified Autolite 1100s.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow, there is so much more available now then there was back when I was trying to get more power out of I6s.

Back then about all we could do was mill the head, balance, cam, dual exhaust and a Webber 2v. One the more wild side we modified a head to bolt on 3 webber side drafts.

Ended up with a car which could beat almost anyone out of the hole from 0 to 35 but overall sucked on the quarter.

·
Registered
35,830 Posts
Dual headers, 2" GT exhaust, GT springs, 1" front sway bar, Arning/Shelby drop, T5 5-speed. All of this will just about bolt in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would think there are a lot of 3-4 liter, aluminum, EFI, V6s out there with overdrive transmissions. More power, more economy, and lighter weight for better handling and acceleration.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Not an engine mod... but rear gear change could give it more snap.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looks like an Australian Barra 6 cyl engine. These are available tubo'd or non turbo'd in the Australian made Falcons. The turbo is quicker than the 5.4 v8 off the line ( for a moment anyway). The Australian 250 2v head off an early to mid 70's Falcon would be a neat mod for Mustang 200 but I imagine finding one in the States would be hard and probably expensive,it has a stand alone inlet manifold.
GB

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Looks like an Australian Barra 6 cyl engine. These are available tubo'd or non turbo'd in the Australian made Falcons. The turbo is quicker than the 5.4 v8 off the line ( for a moment anyway). The Australian 250 2v head off an early to mid 70's Falcon would be a neat mod for Mustang 200 but I imagine finding one in the States would be hard and probably expensive,it has a stand alone inlet manifold.
GB
There is a brand new aluminum head out of Aussie as we speak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts