Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife loves the Ford Edge for a DD. Has anyone owned the Sport or ST model? What is your opinion? Looking at a white one....

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
My mom has an Edge Titanium. Not a bad ride. She’s leased one then bought this one. No major issues on either, comfortable ride. This one is well appointed, don’t know how the other trim levels are. She’s got that pearl-ish white. It’s got enough beef to pull the Mustang on an open trailer and not stress.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Ive had 2 Edges, both with the 3.5. I agree they are great DDs. IMO the ST or Sport is overkill for a DD, you get less mileage, pay more upfront, higher insurance.

Is that necessary for a grocery getter?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive had 2 Edges, both with the 3.5. I agree they are great DDs. IMO the ST or Sport is overkill for a DD, you get less mileage, pay more upfront, higher insurance.

Is that necessary for a grocery getter?
Good thoughts, thank you. She has had 2 Edge's previously, and currently has a 2013 Escape Titanium with the 2.0. Very peppy, and loaded to the gills. She has always had this thing about the Edge......Maybe just stay the course, as this Escape only had 83K. Probably get butchered on trade in.....

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Escape vs Edge, the Edge wins hands down. I bought a Edge Limited in 09, loved it, but traded it after it was vandalized in Memphis. I recently bought a 2011 SE, its pretty plain Jane but is in mint condition with low miles. I put a nice double din bluetooth in it, and Im happy to use it as a DD. I run about 1 tank of gas through it every two weeks, so what what I need and what I paid, it works well.

·
Registered
20,323 Posts
I was looking to buy one a few years ago. A friend that owns a used car dealer advised me not to buy one nor will he. He said 2 big issues, the PTO if AWD and the water pump. On the water pump, if it fails the coolant leaks inside the engine ruining it. To replace the water pump the engine has to be removed. He said he had 3 and all 3 had problems.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did have the PTU problem with our 1st, a 2007. Our 2nd was a 2013, with FWD, to avoid the PTU issue. Did ford solve that problem after 2014? Water pump is still a concern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts