Vintage Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Look, it's an awesome car. Drive it hard and often. Drive the piss out of it. Enjoy it.

Someone once told me that having a car like that and hiding it away as some kind of investment is like dating a supermodel and not banging her so she is more desirable for the next guy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Who are you kidding? The GT350 brings back the same nostalgia from the late 60's when Carrol Shelby helped Ford take on the likes of Corvettes and Ferrari's. Don't think that the price tag on the 150k GT car makes it exclusive to that appreciation. Consider what the new GT costs.

The prices for any collector and the collectibles they seek are entirely subjective and based on nostalgia, emotion and desire. So for you non professionals to not even acknowledge this and then look for reasons to deride me is well...

kind of sad really. Sad for you because you seem very elitist and closed minded. Sort of like well its our way or no way.

When in reality the collectors game will support whatever the nostalgia, emotion and desire will bring.

And BTW... census only accounts for 80% of the actual population. True fact. Unless you can explain the illegal populations and the off the grid populations. But that's off topic. When we discuss building walls .......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Look, it's an awesome car. Drive it hard and often. Drive the piss out of it. Enjoy it.

Someone once told me that having a car like that and hiding it away as some kind of investment is like dating a supermodel and not banging her so she is more desirable for the next guy.
Oh I drive it. I enjoy it. I just drive my other cars in bad weather and winter months. I don't expect to keep it locked away...just low mileage rather than no mileage.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Who are you kidding? The GT350 brings back the same nostalgia from the late 60's when Carrol Shelby helped Ford take on the likes of Corvettes and Ferrari's. Don't think that the price tag on the 150k GT car makes it exclusive to that appreciation. Consider what the new GT costs.

The prices for any collector and the collectibles they seek are entirely subjective and based on nostalgia, emotion and desire. So for you non professionals to not even acknowledge this and then look for reasons to deride me is well...

kind of sad really. Sad for you because you seem very elitist and closed minded. Sort of like well its our way or no way.

When in reality the collectors game will support whatever the nostalgia, emotion and desire will bring.

And BTW... census only accounts for 80% of the actual population. True fact. Unless you can explain the illegal populations and the off the grid populations. But that's off topic. When we discuss building walls .......
Hey, while your at it, will you post this Saturdays winning lotto numbers.

·
Premium Member
13,095 Posts
"........this car is not only a milestone...its also the last of its kind.
When you've finished with that crystal ball, pass it my way before the next Powerball.

Not only are you delusional, but you just don't know history.

Off the top of my head, I can think of half a dozen instances since 1973 where the Ford V-8 was declared dead, only to rise again as new technology made it possible to meet the every increasingly stringent emission standards.

But hey, it's your fantasy, enjoy.

Z

·
Registered
15 Posts
My point being that the NA factor will be dead. Now a totally redesigned and boosted V8 with electric valves instead of cam driven ....might be in the cards. But until then its a safe bet...there will nothing like a VooDoo power plant. Ever again.

That dear sir..is the reality.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
..there will nothing like a VooDoo power plant. Ever again.

That dear sir..is the reality.
Lol, through the ramblings of a professional troll....
Did they stop making these last week? NO, wah? You want reality? Then there is a VooDoo, it doesnt have to be close or near a VooDoo, it IS!!! They will still be making them next month as well and until you get a seat on the board you'll never know when it stops till the rest of the world.

I now personally really hope the GT350 follows the value track of the GT exactly, then next year you will be crying in your cheerios because you car just went down 25%:surprise: and you were too concerned with ROI to enjoy it!

For the sane among us. You want to worry about V8s going the way of the DoDo? Watch Dodge, worst of the 3 in CAFE. I doubt it will be within 20 years though. Like in the early '70s they couldn't comply, yet still built them and shipped lots of big engine/power cars to Mexico.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lol, through the ramblings of a professional troll....
Did they stop making these last week? NO, wah? You want reality? Then there is a VooDoo, it doesnt have to be close or near a VooDoo, it IS!!! They will still be making them next month as well and until you get a seat on the board you'll never know when it stops till the rest of the world.

I now personally really hope the GT350 follows the value track of the GT exactly, then next year you will be crying in your cheerios because you car just went down 25%:surprise: and you were too concerned with ROI to enjoy it!

For the sane among us. You want to worry about V8s going the way of the DoDo? Watch Dodge, worst of the 3 in CAFE. I doubt it will be within 20 years though. Like in the early '70s they couldn't comply, yet still built them and shipped lots of big engine/power cars to Mexico.
Wow ...You're a gem aren't ya.

Look, you don't need to see it my way. I've been on the losing end of perspectives only to come out on top ...time and time again. So all we can really say is...Let's wait and see. It couldn't hurt to let it play out and when things go south or pan out favorably it will certainly confirm one side of this coin at that time in the future. until then your speculation is about as relevant as my own.

And whenever there is an opinion outside the box you feed from its always a default quip to throw the word troll out there. If you like cheerios...then hey, who am I to deny you your cheerios. Have at it sir.

·
Premium Member
13,095 Posts
".......until then your speculation is about as relevant as my own......."
With all due respect, the difference is "our" speculation is based on numerous historical examples. While your speculation is based on ignoring those same historical examples.

The normally aspirated Ford V-8 has been counted out numerous times since 1973. Funny thing is, no one could predict that new technology would come to the rescue every time, and the old V-8's just kept getting better and more powerful than the last supposedly ultimate V-8 of the year before. And the old technogy cars kept on diminishing in value, unless the production is fininite like the Shelbys were. But since Ford is going to keep making these modern hot rods with no end in sight, the Shelby example does not apply to the new GT350's. Wishinghat the new GT350 is the same as the Ford GT is not going make it happen.

Z

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I guess I wasn't clear enough, the insulting part of my "professional troll" was meant to be the "professional" part. Why come to a vintage forum trolling for agreement to confirm your "professional" speculation?
Ive only ever sold a few cars for less than I bought them for so I guess I need to add that into the professions of my CV.

The really funny part is you trying to draw comparisons to the GT. The second/third owners of those were the real money makers. The only real comparison will be that they will devolve into two camps, those that have mileage and those that were bubble wrapped. When you consider the $$ today compared to MSRP 10 years ago don't forget to add the $25-50 even 100K markup they were sold with new.

GT350, special, "first of" and unique, yes. "Last of" or 1 off run of cars like GT? Not even close.

Expect a gap year or two between end of GT350 and the then new BOSS that will likely dominate it in nearly every driver's metric.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Come to think about it... I know a lot of people that drive a turbo/supercharged engine don't ever want to go back to normally aspirated! They are addictive.

:cheers:

2007 Shelby GT500 w/ 4,836 miles sold for $28,500 on Mar. 27th 2016
Shelby GT500 Original 4 836 Miles | eBay

(This Original Owner 2007 GT500 has only 4,836 Miles Since new! Supercharged 5.4/500 HP V8 Engine, Tremec 6-Speed Transmission, White with Black interior. Equipped with 18" Aluminum Wheels, Shelby LeMans/Side Stripes, Rear Deck Spoiler, Fog Lamps, Sport Seats with Cobra Logo, SVT Suspension, Brembo 14" Front Disc Brakes, Tuned Stainless Exhaust, Shaker 500 Audio System & Air Conditioning. All Original Paperwork including Window Sticker and Owners Manual comes with car.

Need not say more, this Shelby is show quality)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I haven't read through all of the posts on this thread yet, but I bought a gt350 to enjoy and don't really care what the value is later down the road. That being said, I am close friends with wholesalers who buy cars and sell cars at auction. At the Manheim auction in PA a few low mileage gt350's have sold in the low to mid 60k area. Which is great if you purchased for the MSRP area.. One thing for sure, right now they are holding value. In comparison a 500 mile z28 which brings high 40's to low 50's...that car was 70k. I like my Ford even more... My worthless 2 cents...

81 - 100 of 127 Posts