1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
589 Posts
I am not sure if I like this development. Who needs or can handle this kind of power? It is just about matching numbers of the competitors. A Porsche 911 GT3 has "only" 500 horsepower and I am sure will outperform the Shelby on the track.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
I am not sure if I like this development. Who needs or can handle this kind of power? It is just about matching numbers of the competitors. A Porsche 911 GT3 has "only" 500 horsepower and I am sure will outperform the Shelby on the track.

It's for the well-heeled equivalent of d-bags with diesels.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
A Porsche 911 GT3 has "only" 500 horsepower and I am sure will outperform the Shelby on the track.
At a starting price of $143K, I would hope so.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Which track? You can compare a GT3 to the GT350 and it is close. GT500 is a boulevard bruiser so compare it to the pig of a Turbo S @$200k:). Limerock yes, the local 1/4 strip no. Daytona or COTA maybe. Different horses for different courses. Once you're at 100mph that other 200 hp is very usable.

just wait till people use the "auto trans only" excuse to not buy one.:surprise:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
My big dealer near me is a presidential award winner 15 years running.. the owner got to buy a GT...they are currently only getting 1 ( they have 9 people on their list) yikes...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Which track? You can compare a GT3 to the GT350 and it is close. GT500 is a boulevard bruiser so compare it to the pig of a Turbo S @$200k:). Limerock yes, the local 1/4 strip no. Daytona or COTA maybe. Different horses for different courses. Once you're at 100mph that other 200 hp is very usable.

just wait till people use the "auto trans only" excuse to not buy one.:surprise:
^^^^

Rubbish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts