• Rebuild the 2100

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Replace with an aftermarket

Votes: 1 6.7%
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
38,218 Posts
Got a timing light? Stick it on the coil wire, tape the trigger down and watch it flash.... if it continues to flash "normally" when the engine cuts out you have a fuel system problem. If the light momentarily stops flashing you have an ignition problem. Can't remember.... what do you have for an ignition system? Also hear a lot of "air" for having the air cleaner installed.... check for a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
1966 289 3-speed
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Got a timing light? Stick it on the coil wire, tape the trigger down and watch it flash.... if it continues to flash "normally" when the engine cuts out you have a fuel system problem. If the light momentarily stops flashing you have an ignition problem. Can't remember.... what do you have for an ignition system? Also hear a lot of "air" for having the air cleaner installed.... check for a vacuum leak.
Will do thanks. It's a pertronix system btw.

·
Registered
1966 289 3-speed
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just a quick update. I had some major starting and idling issues again on my last start up...so bad it would barely run. Long story short I took it in the my shop. The mechanic checked it out and said the power valve was blown and was time for a carb rebuild and new filters. I Just brought it home and so far its running extremely smooth in this obscene 120 degree desert heat. I'll give it a day to cool down and check the choke function. But so far so good.

Much appreciation to all those who chimed in. This forum is a fantastic resource.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts