Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some Specialty Wheels Styled Steel Wheel reproductions going on my 67 Fastback. I've got 15x7 up front, and opted for 15x8 in the rear as the backspacing of the 8" wheels is better for my narrower Versailles 9" rear end. Both the front and rear are dropped 1".

I'm going for a full wheelwell look but really hate the "4x4 look" that all too many Mustangers end up with by putting big tires on their stangs. I'm also not a fan of a raked stance; nearly identical total diameters front and rear are preferred.

As I understand it, based on the great tire/wheel chart that is floating around out there, I can go with 225/60R15's without much trouble both front and rear correct? I'd love to go with wider rears to take advantage of the 8" rims but they don't seem to make tires that maintain the same diameter while going to 245 or 255 widths.

I suppose this or this and this is the look I'm after.

Any tire size (front and rear) suggestions from other guys who've got a similar setup? Might 235/60-15 be better?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
well with a 15x8 rear and a 15x7 front you will need a larger tire in the rear since you a wider wheel in the back. a 235/60-15 on an 8" wheel will blose to the same size as the 225/60-15 on a 15x7 wheel, you might actually have to go up to a 245/60 in the rear also a 275/50-15 will really close height wise and quite a bit wider as well

1 - 2 of 2 Posts