Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to decide what carb(s) to run on my 200 to 250 swap in my 67. I have the correct 69 250 mounts, so hood clearance should be ok. Ive got a spare block and head that Im going to install to test fit everything before I drop the new engine in.

9.0:1 C/R, C4, 2.79 gears

I have a C9 head that has the 1.75" carb hole.

I have a C8 exhaust manifold. Its a 2" outlet vs the 1.75" outlet of the pre-68 manifold.

I have a set of Clifford headers that I dont really want to use, they are pretty ugly.

For $125 I can buy a set of stainless ebay headers.

I have a stock cam and a Schneider 262-70H cam. 262-82H Ford 144-250 Hydraulic Lifter Camshaft

Thats a pretty stout cam, not sure if I should use it.

I have several choices.

1. Stock 1V with stock cam.
2. Tripower with either cam.
3. Weber 32/36 with either cam.
4. Dual Weber 32/36 with either cam
5. Dual 1Vs with either cam

This is a fun car. Mileage is not a factor. Reliability and ease of maintenance is a factor. Someday it will get an Explorer 8.8 and a 5 speed.

Opinions or other ideas?

·
Premium Member
13,229 Posts
A couple of members here (Datac and Varilux) have 200's with 3 1Vs. I think that's a cool looking engine. I don't recall seeing any recent posts from either of them but if you search for threads started by them you will find something. I recall that Varilux did an extensive write-up about the mod. It took a lot of work to get it all set up and running.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
My new 250 has the Weber 38/38 with full head conversion. I have it running, but have yet to drive it. It has a very healthy cam. No exhaust beyond header. So far I like it. its the first Weber I have had to mess with. I would say the 32/36 is better suited to the 200 build up and is a progressive. I cant remember what the falcon book says about the differences between the Weber’s, but I don’t think the 38/38 is a progressive? It’s been awhile.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Have a 67 vert. with a 200 auto recently installed a 2300 holley sniper efi on it haven't had a lot of drive time with it . Initially had fuel issues due to close proximity of fuel line to muffler. Fixed it with an in tank pump and so far have had a noticeable difference in all around performance of a small six. Sure it was costly but sounds like you have good money invested already and the install & setup was about as easy as it gets. Good luck with your build

1 - 4 of 4 Posts