Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[color:blue]The 260, once again! </font color=blue>

Waited till it cooled down a bit this evening, cleaned out all of the filters and lines to the carb. Made sure no obstruction was present. Stuck the homemade fuel line down in the gas can once again, squirted a little gas in the carb. and almost had it, she burbled a little, turned over a few times on her own, gasped, choked then died.

I was thinking alright, next time around she'll be mine!!!! hehe! Just to make sure, I got out of the car, went over and checked, for gas in the line, a little bit more gas down the hatch, get back in, give the key a crank and nothing /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Tried a couple more times, and not a sound. Checked the cables, nice in tight. Hmmm...Must be the starter solenoid or starter itself. Well it's getting kind of dark now, wife is yelling at me to turn off the 1000 watt flood lights so she can go to bed (lights shining in masterbath window and into the bedroom).

To dark now to check out the solenoid or starter, I'll have to wait until another day! But as the great one once said....

I Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, Whizco-Ali, predicts a KO in round 3. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
771 Posts
hey whizco want to see what ur backyard is going to look like in a few years... go to our fav auction site and type in 1842901548

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Hey Doug, One thing I do is to take an old time pump type oil can and fill it with gas. Then you can squirt about 3 or 4 pumps into the bowl vent on the carb and then the float bowl will be full. Then the engine will have a chance at the right mixture when you get the starter working again and try it.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip...Don't have any squirter cans laying around, but I do have a couple of those Nasel bulbs they use to clear the nasel passages on infants, the wife thought I might be able to use in the garage since our babies are grown now. I can probably fill one of those up and make it work! hehe!

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you mean going to look like? Haven't you realized that is my backyard....The wife was a little upset with the cougar purchase last week, so she made me stick a few of my lessor projects up for auction! *LOL*

If you look closely, you can see me standing in the doorway on the top right picture /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
404 Posts
You do realize that since the 260 is a 5 bolt bell housing, it requires an entirely different set of curse words than the 6 bolts.

You may need to refraise your wording........
Good luck, I'm going to try to start one of my 289's this weekend. (not run since '95).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts